Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A lark! A plunge!

For this first time in a long time (possibly forever), it has been cold for over 2 weeks and I am not sick of it yet. The crisp weather is still energizing me and giving me the sense that anything is possible. Unrealistic and whimsical, I know. But this autumn is magical. Up is down and black is white.

This past Halloween weekend was a bit atypical - drunk Katie Couric, seeing some drunk colleagues and thinking they were other drunk colleagues (oh, did I say Lisa? I meant Beth. So good to see you!) flapper and biker all in one weekend and pub crawl all the way from 74th to 12th. All in all, a great time. Possibly the most dream-like quality of my weekend was the cab ride from my apartment to 51st and park... all the way up 1st ave and over to park and not one single red light! $5 cab to midtown. I'm tellin ya, it's the weather.

To top it all off, yesterday I fixed a flat screen TV at work that no one else could fix (first and last time that will ever happen) and my boss put me in charge of a $400,000 model... which I actually did not break. Up is down and black is white.

Maybe that means I will do well on my accounting exam this morning.... or not. At least the Yankees will clinch the series tonight!

1 comment:

mjr615 said...

Blogging, TV repair, running, you are the diverse multi-tasker! Yes you called it, the Yanks are champs. Hope you succeded as well in accounting. Blog on!