Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My very first blog post.

...So you are not allowed to judge me if you think my blog is lame.

A lot of people begin their blogs with "My friends have always told me to write a book."

My friends have never told me to write a book. Ever. The closest I have come is a passing comment over dinner (check out my sidebar!) from my oh so fabulous sister: "You should start a blog... I bet Grandma and Grandpa would love to hear what you're up to."

Glamorous, I know.

But at any rate, a few (spilled) glasses of wine later, and here I am, entertaining the mildly vain hope that someone may actually find my thoughts and writing not completely uninteresting.

To tell you the truth, I've never really wanted to write a blog (or read one!) Call me old fashioned, but I still use e-mail and Facebook to keep tabs on my friends. 

But as much as I've tried to deny it, blogging is a great way of communicating, really important in the media, blah blah blah... so I figure since I'm in the communications and media relations field... I should stop pretending blogs don't really exist.

And okay, fine, it might be kind of fun.

So anyway, I'll be posting regularly about my life, New York, friends... and anything that pops into my head. 

Comments (about anything) are ALWAYS welcome and encouraged! (Example: "Your life, thoughts, and blog are uninteresting. Please stop.") But really... please comment about whatever. 

Hope you enjoy.

Xo, K

Today my pulse beats to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Kristin,

I love your first blog ever!
Actually I kind of thought the same about the idea but hey, I'm in the media relations business as well, so will promise to come back and check out what's new with you.

Maria