Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inactivity and lethargy.

Why is it that when I don't have a million things to do, I refuse to do even one thing. Like the quick, easy errands I have to run... nope. Won't do 'em. And packing for London... not happening. I haven't even unwrapped my new external hard drive to transfer my data to my new mac. If I were working / schooling this month, this all would have been done. What gives?

This is partly why I haven't written in a while... it's one more thing on my To Do List, even though it's enjoyable. Even reading seems like a chore, which is completely ridiculous. It's like my mind has completely shut down and all I can do is chat on facebook and play with my itunes while watching TV. Sad.

But, I'll have to kick it into high gear the next few days... packing for London tomorrow and girl's night out, trip into the city to see Andy and Ash Saturday, meeting my new roommate Sunday, getting set Monday and shipping off Tuesday. I couldn't be happier to be heading back to London Town. I just know it will be magical, as it always is. And Dublin will be equally wonderful I'm sure.

List of pending things to do that may or may not ever get done: add album artwork in itunes, download new apps for my iphone, finish reading Running and Being, get a haircut.

New Year's Resolution (one of them) ... (that I just thought of this minute): run another marathon (preferably the NY marathon in the fall).

Sorry this post is lame. I'm lethargic and inactive.

1 comment:

mjr615 said...

Au contraire, Kristin, your post is fab. I agree this is one of the peculiarities of the human psyche. Just as a muscle atrophies from disuse, when we are idle for a fairly long stretch, it is hard to resume activity. But just like a muscle, especially among young people like us (????),once you start up again you are quickly back to full strength. Momentum must be kept constant, with occasional lulls, to avoid burnout. Get the Hula Hoop!